Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's for Dinner?

This is the never ending question in almost every family. It is almost always asked by Tate as soon as he walks in the door. Although, lately I have had dinner ready and waiting for him by the time he gets home- it is football season.

Tonight's answer to the question is....Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken.

Yummy! This was great! Very rich flavors. I could only eat half, because it was filling. Feta, sour cream, bacon, pepper and oregano were the stuffing. You then coat the stuffed chicken with flour, dredge in egg, coat in bread crumbs and then brown it in the bacon grease. To finish cooking through you bake it for about 20-25 minutes. OH MY! I recommend that you try this at least once. I am sure that I will make it again, but not just for us. Bekah was one of the only kids that did not like the filling, but that is okay, I told them that if they didn't like the filling they still had to eat the chicken. Here are the delicious pictures!

The inside

Yumm!!   
There you go! I served rice as the side, and it was perfect. The recipe also in cludes directions for Onion Mashed Potatoes. I opted for the rice since we already had mashed potatoes for dinner the other night.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/feta-and-bacon-stuffed-chicken-with-onion-mashed-potatoes/detail.aspx

Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment