Saturday, January 23, 2010

Growth Groups

One of the things I love most about out Church is that we have what we call Growth Groups.I am leading my 3rd group this time around. I was a little discouraged at first because this is the second group that I have lead that had very few people sign up. The last group I lead was one on stress, this time I am leading a mommy group. I thought for sure that this one would have attracted more mom's that just needed to get out and be around other moms and share our experiences. For the record, the sign up for my group was 3 other moms, I was a bit disappointed at first, but after having our first meeting I am excited again! (We also added another mom- so there are now 5 of us total!)
We are reading a book called The Mommy Diaries. It is a compilation of short stories, with questions at the end of each chapter. All of the stories are very good. They can make you cry, laugh or just think.
I am very excited to get to know these special women that God called to be mothers!

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://businesseshome.net
    http://blogsearch.google.co.in/blogsearch?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=moms+group&sa=N&start=110

    ReplyDelete