Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Rut


I have been in a bit of a rut lately, and think that I have found out how to get out of it a little.

Yesterday I decided that I needed the SUN, but of course living in Northern Indiana sunbathing in January is impossible. So, I have found my sunny place in the mornings....my front room. This is the room with the most windows, and gets beautiful sunlight in the morning. The only thing that would make it better right now is being able to open the windows.

If you have ever been in my home you know that the walls are definately not lacking in color, except for the one room that has never been painted- the front bedroom. My front room and bedroom are two different shades of yellow, my living/dining room is unfortunately a shade of pink (I hope that we can change it sometime soon), the kitchen is peach, the bathroom a nice shade of purple ( I really like it against the white fixtures), and Ellyn's room is blue with pink foot boards. So, as you can tell there is no lack of color in this house. But, then why do I find my self in a rut with so much color around? I know that it must just be that we can not be outside and enjoy some wonderful sun with out freezing our butts off!

So I will patiently wait for Spring to come and just enjoy the sun in my little front room amid my hanging plants, the toys, winter coats and things that have their home in this room for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. I'm inclined to agree about needing the sun! I feel the same way! All my motivation and creativity just zaps right out of me in January.

    ReplyDelete