Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trying...

So, I have decided to try a couple of new things....making my own laundry soap and dishwasher soap.

We will see how this goes. All the stars are in alignment for me to do this, I am almost out of laundry soap, and dishwasher soap too. I have already bought all the stuff for the laundry soap, and only need to buy 2 items to make the dish soap. Both of these use Borax and Washing Soda.

I will let you know how it all goes! I am willing to try anything to save some money on the things that we have to use all the time :)

3 comments:

  1. kinda like making my own bird suet. They sure eat it alot faster. But seems so much easier just to buy it and pop it in the cage. Good luck. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma Rinhardt used to make her own soap. Lye and fat - I'm sure some other stuff too. She had to cook it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you!! I make my own cleaners too, and we've been much happier with it. If you don't mind the smell of vingegar (Alex complains ALLLL the time), you should never have to buy a cleaning product again. I use almond scented bar soap to give my homemade laundry detergent a nice smell.

    ReplyDelete