Saturday, July 30, 2011

There is a First Time for Everything!

I am 35 years old and I am going to camp for the first time! I never went as a kid, I don't think it was ever really offered to me- other than Band Camp and that doesn't count since I went home every night. This is a true camp that I am going to! Virginia and I are having the first experience together, and I am excited for it!
We are not going far, just up to Niles, MI. The camp is called Michiana Christian Service Camp. We are going with a group of 11 girls and 6 boys. Our Pastor Sam and I are going as counselors. Did I mention that I am excited? I have also been told that there are other people that are excited for me to be going too, and that makes it even better.
I am hoping to get a few things out of going to camp. 1. A closer relationship with Virginia, 2. to become closer to GOD and 3. to get to know more of the older kids that are in our church. I work in the Children's Ministry at LSC, but I work with the little ones, 2 year olds and K-1st Grades. I don't seem them much after that- who knows, maybe I will want to move on up to the older kids after this (sorry Amy, if this happens :) )
Next weekend be watching for the blog titled "This One Time at Church Camp"!

1 comment:

  1. Have a GREAT time!!! You will be a great cabin mom. I want you to serve where God is calling you to serve (so I will be praying fervently that you don't fall in love with 5th & 6th graders this week.) Just Kidding...blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete