Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Frustrations

Well, it is just about that time that summer comes to an end and a new beginning starts. School starts for my two oldest girls in two days. I am going to be honest- I am thrilled that they are going back to school! It has been a fun summer, but I am ready for them to go and they are ready to go too.

The last week and a half has been a little stressful. Virginia is starting a new school, moving on up to Jefferson Intermediate Center. This is not the stress part, the transportation is! We got her bus stop information. The bus stop they assigned her to is at the corner of 23rd Street and Wall Street. This meant that she would have to cross Ironwood to get there.....NO WAY! I went off- it is a good thing that we got the information on a Saturday, so I had a little time to cool down. So Monday morning I called the transportation department and told them my issues. The gentleman on the other end said "I understand your concerns" and would pass on my information to the proper person to be reviewed. Wednesday came and we still had no answers, so Tate called to find out what was going on. We were told that they were considering having her picked up at Hastings and Ironwood. Okay, I can love with that, but this was not final. We still had not heard anything by yesterday morning on what the final decision was. Tate called, they told him that the bus stop was not being changed and that she would have to cross to the stop she was given.....NO WAY! Tate was told that this now had to be taken up with the school she was attending, really? You can't make this decision before school starts? You can't make a common sense decision? So, he contacted the school. He spoke with them and sent them a nice email with our concerns, mentioning our accident in 2007. We were still awaiting an answer this morning. He called again to find out what was decided. Mind you I did not specifically ask for this outcome but I am THRILLED! She will be picked up at the front door! I was going to be happy with the corner by the fire hydrant, but no, right in front of the house!

Thank you Tate for helping me in this! And thank you to all of you that I have ranted to the last week and half!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad things worked out. We did not need a repeat of the accident. There are people that have common sense you just have to look hard.

    ReplyDelete