Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Camping

So, we have become a camping family! At first I was not really on board for this sleeping outside,  being eaten by mosquitoes, smelling like bug spray and smoke, no air conditioning and I could go on. But, it is growing on me. We have already gone twice since Memorial Day.

Our first outing of the season we start on Memorial Day weekend at Beaver Ridge in Lakeville, IN. It is a great family campground. We camp with a group of friends from church, and it is a great time! The kids can go pretty much anywhere on the camp grounds and we feel safe about it. They have all kinds of activities during the weekend- bingo, scavenger hunts, and kids fun.

Our second trip this year was to Bear Cave Resort in Buchanan, MI. Our friends Kat and Wally joined us for their first camping trip. It was a lot of fun having them with us. Our camp site was along the St Joseph River. And not too far away was a playground for the kiddos. Believe it or not there is actually a cave! They give tours and it was really cool. There is a lot of history that goes with the cave. I just wish that I could remember it, I was trying to get good pictures with my phone...they didn't turn out too great. But I did get some good ones of the actual camp.







The next time we go to Bear Cave we plan on taking a site near the waterfall!

So the camping adventures will continue. We even have an adult only weekend planned! And of course many more family adventures!

See you out in God's beautiful creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment