Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! It's 2015!

Happy New Year! It is the start to a new year once again. Time for new beginnings, changes, and just over all a fresh start.

The last year held a lot for us between reconnecting with a high school friend, taking care of health issues, and making job changes. All of these were actually good things. The health issues reconnected us with the friend, so that is a bonus in my book.

As for the job changes they were good for us too. Tate did not coach football this last Fall, giving him the opportunity to watch his girls play sports, Virginia playing volleyball and Rebekah playing soccer! And it was a great season for both. Virginia was awarded the MVP for the season and Rebekah was awarded the Coaches Award!

I decided it was time to leave the YMCA. It was not an easy decision to make as I loved the kids that I was caring for and the parents too! I started the summer with a vacation (very well deserved). We went camping and checked out some new places. Tate and I went on a camping getaway without the kids to St. Claire, MI. It is beautiful! We will do that trip again. It was nice to just reconnect with eachother. We also camped at Bear Cave in Buchanan, MI; Twin Mills in Howe, IN; and Beaver Ridge in Lakeville, IN (this is where we start and end our camping season).

So, where am I working now? I am working for the school corporation. I started with the Food and Nutrition Department working with the schools and families to complete meal and textbook applications for free and reduced meals and textbook assistance. I loved getting to know the staff in the schools I was working with. In the middle of all that, I was asked to be the Building Substitute Teacher at Ellyn's school! I accepted and I love it! I have gone on field trips that I missed out on with the older girls, but I still kind of missed out because I wasn't with my own children, but I am happy that I got to go with the students I see everyday.

As you can see we have been busy with activities and enjoying family time together. I hope that this continues into the next year as there is a lot more to see and do!

Happy New Year and I hope to write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment