Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Notre Dame

I have been around Notre Dame all of my life in one form or another.
My numerous Uncles, Grandpa and Dad have had what I would call a Legacy there, starting with Ushering for ND Football. My Grandpa started ushering at the age of 16, and I am not sure at what age my Dad started.
Now my Dad is what I call the Official Notre Dame Sports Photographer. We grew up meeting coaches and my parents have made numerous friendships with the coaches. So, I have seen coaches come and go.
One thing that concerns me now is that there seems to be a revolving door for our football coaches. Yes, they have a high standard to live up too, but what kind of message is being sent? Coaches are not worth keeping. Okay, so they have a "losing" season (by the way we do have more wins than losses). Does anyone think that maybe a change needs to be made at the assistant level? I am by no means an expert on coaching, but sometimes it is better to make a change in the behind the scenes line up.
Coach Weis has been a great member of the South Bend Community. He has started Hannah's Farm for those children and adults that may otherwise have no where else to go because of their disabilities. I support keeping Coach Weis here as the Head Coach of Notre Dame Football.
Stop the revolving door, I am getting dizzy.
GO ND!

No comments:

Post a Comment