Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Washington DC - Part 3

Our next stop was a Memorial that we did not really know that we would come across, the FDR Memorial. This Memorial was full of fountains! If we had stayed at this monument too long I would have had to take a nap! The fountains were so soothing.

FDR was known for his fireside chats and there was a statue that embodied this.All of the statues that we came across were just so life like, they could just up and walk away from where they were.

We were almost to our last monument! The Jefferson Memorial. I did not get any really good shots of this monument. But this is the one that I liked the most, I took it from the side of the Tidal pool just out side of the FDR Memorial. When we arrived at this monument it was the middle of the afternoon and it was also full of people. We were in DC at the peak of Cherry Blossoms, so it was just beautiful, I don't blame anyone for wanting to be there at this time of year.

This was one trip that I would love to do again with just a little more time, and maybe with the kids. The next post will be wordless....my favorite pics....FLOWERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment