Thursday, August 25, 2011

And They're Off

Today is the first day of school for South Bend. My husband and two oldest daughters are off to teach and learn.

This year is a bit different for us. I now have kids at two different schools, Rebekah is at Nuner and Virginia is at Jefferson. Tate is teaching at Dickinson. And Ellyn will be starting pre-school in just a couple of weeks. So, really I guess that we have 4 different school schedules to work with.

Virginia was excited and a bit nervous for her first day. And to tell you the truth I am nervous and excited to hear about her day when she gets home. It is a long day. She gets on the bus at 7 am and then will get home around 3:20 pm or so. The dress code for her school is uniforms. Not too bad if you ask me. She won't be dressing funny this year.....sometimes I wondered about what she choose to wear. It wasn't too bad just a bit sloppy some days.


Rebekah was a tad upset and a little scared this morning- she has never rode the bus totally on her own. Her big sister has always been there with her. I came in the house while Virginia was waiting for the bus and Rebekah was sitting on the couch with sad eyes. I could tell that there was something wrong. It took some coaxing to get it out of her, but she finally admitted that she was a bit worried about being alone. She will be fine, she is brave! She gets picked up just before 8 am and dropped off around 2:30 pm.

Tate is coaching football again this year and teaching at Dickinson. Dickinson has has some changes in administration this year, new principal and vice principal. This has also brought about some dress changes for the teachers, they need to be a bit more professional. So, the man needs new shoes....he will have to wait awhile for those. Sorry, Mr. Principal, new shoes are just not in the budget right now. He will have to accept Tate's black boots for a while. They aren't bad.

Ellyn has a playmate still, Gavin. They will be starting school together after Labor Day. It looks like I may have some one on one time with Gavin on Mondays....what shall we do? I have some ideas. Ellyn will be in school Monday - Wednesday mornings, and Gavin will be in school Tuesday and Wednesday. That means I get 4 hours all to myself! Well, maybe, we will see.

My goal is to be involved at Jefferson and Nuner at least twice a month. And then help out Amy at the church a couple of days a month too.

I think that this school year will keep me busy!


REMEMBER TO BE MINDFUL OF SCHOOL BUSES AND THE CHILDREN GETTING ON THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment