Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This One Time at Church Camp

I am sure that you have been waiting for this the last couple of weeks. I have been busy with cleaning house for birthday parties.

I survived CAMP!!! I had a blast! That is all you are getting.

Just kidding! What an experience! I was the cabin Mom. There were 19 girls in our cabin, one side was mostly Living Stones girls and the other side was mainly from North Liberty. They were a great bunch of girls to have in my cabin. Not to mention the other 4 staff that were there too.

Here are the higlights of the week:

Sunday: Getting to meet all the girls in the cabin; Pool party!
Monday: Getting divided into teams, my team had 8 girls and 4 boys. First "Torture Time"- bobbing for what the Junior staff thought were apples- nope ONIONS! Staff Hunt. Zip Line for my team.
Tuesday: Beautiful day! (all of them really were) Things did not get interesting until the evening when a storm came through and took out the power! They hooked up generators to get water to the cabins- that was about all we got.
Wednesday: Water Games! I had fun with this! Shaving Cream and M&Ms. I was covered form the neck up with shaving cream and my team got to throw M&Ms at my face! They had fun! Pool Party.
Thursday: I don't remember much. I do know that we did have fun. Virginia did the Zip Line! Oh, slip and slide! Oh yeah, Pastor Sam was tortured....Flour and Water is all I have to say.
Friday: Our last day. Sad, I had to say goodbye to a bunch of great kids and people.
Ghost Sam - the fan didn't work.

Getting ready for the Zip Line
http://youtu.be/Hw1MRuicWlk  Virginia's video.
 
I can't wait to do this again next year with both Virginia and Rebekah!

And, Amy, I am happy where I am in Kids Kanyon....I will stay for awhile ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment