Friday, September 25, 2009

Ellyn Rosalie

I have decided that I would tell you a little about my girls, one at a time. I am doing them all separately because they are all three unique and deserve their own time.

First I am going to tell you about our little Ellyn Rosalie. She was born June 25, 2007, two days before Tate and I celebrated out 9th anniversary. We, or at least I, was hoping that she would wait until the 3rd of July so that she could celebrate with her Great Grandpa Jack, but it is okay that she came early because then we didn't miss his birthday party! She arrived about 5:30 a.m. and weighed in at 8 pounds 13 ounces!

Ellyn is named after her two Great-great Grandmothers on my Dad's side, Grandma Rosalie Bennett and Grandma Ellen Hardy. I never really knew either of them but I know that they would be honored to have our little Ellyn named after them, I do know that Grandpa was very proud.

Ellyn is now 2 years old, and becoming the handful that she should be. She loves to play with her sisters outside and tries to keep up with both of them in the most dirty contests that I know they are having in the back yard!

She likes to play by herself most of the time. And has found that pretend is fun. She likes to have tea parties with her new tea set.

I think that she is a good combination of both Virginia and Rebekah- she has Virginia's independent nature and Rebekah's mostly laid back attitude. But, she also has a temper, that we are going to have to work on if she doesn't out grow it as she gets older.

I am still learning a lot about her everyday. She is the first of my children that I have gotten to be with since she was born. She has never been to a day care and I am glad that she hasn't had to go. I have enjoyed not missing the most important things in watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment