Monday, September 21, 2009

Who am I?

Who am I? This is a question that I struggle with everyday. First and foremost I am a Mom to 3 beautiful girls, two of which are at school all day and one that I am with all of the time- as she is only 2. I am also a Wife to a man that has struggled with where he is in life. I say this because we have been through job losses and depression together while wondering where life was going to go. Now he is teaching in the BEST Program in the SBCS Corp. and is the Head Coach for the Football team, so I suppose that also makes me a "coach's wife" or is that just a "football widow"?

But the real question is: Who am I when I am not in these roles of daily life? I have to say that I don't really know. I sometimes feel like I am a different person all of the time. I have suffered with Depression for the last few years, and I think that I finally may have gotten through it, but only time will tell. I have many different kinds of friends- and I love them all- they allow me to be who I think I might be. I do look to God for guidance in my life, and I believe that he gave me the friends that I have now for a reason- to teach and show me who I am. He created me for a purpose and only he will lead me to the people who will continue to shape me. This may mean that I might have to let some friends go, but they will always still be in my heart, they are just not part of God's plan for me now.

I am going to stop here for now, as the family duties of the afternoon are now calling. Homework is getting finished and needs to be checked. And as a note, I hate homework time as it is very stressful for me, and not that the homework is difficult it is just that both of them seem to have an adversion to doing the math portion of the assignments!




No comments:

Post a Comment