Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rebekah Noele

Today it is Rebekah Noele, she is not named after any one in particular. We chose her name from the Bible and it fits her!

Rebekah was born on May 8, 2002. She is the second little girl that was added to our little family. She was by far the biggest of the three weighing in at 9 pound 6 ounces! The labor with her was much different than Virginia's. I woke up at 3 a.m. with a stomach ache, so I had a can of Coke. At that time Tate was working in Michigan and had to be up early to get ready. He came down and asked me if he should get ready for work and of course I had said "yes." By the time he was done, I was having severe back "pain", I was not thinking labor at that time, it was not until I couldn't sit or stand that I said "call your mom and get her here, I think we need to get to the hospital." I am very surprised we made it...we had her within 30 minutes of getting to the hospital! What a start and she arrived looking just like a Bennett- she looked a lot like my dad.

Well that day is still a vivid day in my mind, all was going well until that evening. I was nursing her and she stopped breathing! I was scared out of my mind, God gave us this beautiful little girl and what was He doing now? We knew that God was going to do one of two things- we going to get to keep her or he needed her in His Army of Angels. Of course the later would have been ver difficult to deal with. He let us keep her! She had come through the birth canal so fast that she did not get all of the fluid out of her lungs...they "sucked" out 2 ounces of fluid out of those little lungs! She was admitted into the NICU for 3 days after she was born. I never thought that I would see one of my babies in there not to mention she was the biggest one in there! If you know her today you know that she is "perfect!"

Today she is a very happy 7 year old little lady. She enjoys all the things that she should at her age. She is very smart and has a love of God that is a wonderful thing to see.

I do not know what the future holds for her but I do know that God has a plan for her life and she will follow Him, and I know this because He let us keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment