Tuesday, June 1, 2010

School's Out!

School's out! Well, maybe not. This Summer I have decided that there will only going to be 2 weeks that we are just going to do nothing but play, and it is this week and the week before school starts.
Virginia, Rebekah and I have all discussed it, we are going to pick one topic every week and research it. One day we will research on the computer at home, we will go to the Library to get books and then we will write about what we have learned in a journal. And of course we will be keeping up on our reading and math skills too. We are going to do 2 different reading programs this summer, one through the Library and the other with Borders. With Borders when they have read 10 books they get to take their tracking sheet in and get a free book! What a wonderful incentive to read....I love FREE books! Now if they would only have a program like that for adults!
We do plan on having fun this summer too. We are going to attempt to find a weekend that we can go camping, and this year I am looking forward to it. Just not sure how it will all work with the crazy schedule that we all seem to have....wait, that is my schedule! Tastefully Simple has been going great for me this year. I am very excited, my weekends seem to be filled with Tastings! I think that there are a couple of weekends in July that we don't have anything planned, I might just keep it that way, would anyone like to have a Tasting during the week?!?!?
We do have some panic relief, Tate is still employed for next year with South Bend Community School Corporation. We are feeling very blessed, as we know that there were a lot of teachers that were given notices, even some friends. I know that God has a plan and that he will keep them all safe.
We are celebrating 2 birthdays and 1 anniversary this summer. Ellyn will turn 3 on June 25th and Virginia will be 10 on August 12! And on June 27th Tate and I will celebrate 12 years of marriage!
I hope that everyone has a safe start to the Summer! I will write about our Gerndt Family Adventures as they happen!

1 comment:

  1. I am doing homeschooling with the kids this summer, too! Though you sound more prepared than me. I still haven't thought it all out. I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete