Friday, November 5, 2010

Aunt Mary Bennett

So, tonight while I was driving home in the snow I was thinking about what to write about my Aunt Mary.
Aunt Mary was a wife, a mom, a grandma, a sister, an aunt, a nurse and many other things to many people I am sure.
I can remember trips to LaPorte for Easter. What I remember most is dessert from these gatherings. There was always a Lamb Cake. It was one of those cakes with the "funny" frosting. I am a butter cream kind of gal, and this was not butter cream. I think that it was some sort of meringue. But it sure was cute!
When she would come to our house to celebrate a holiday she would chase one of our dogs around the house. My parents house is kind of a circle. You can start in the kitchen, go through the front hallway to the dining room, to the sitting room and back into the kitchen. This was fun to watch, I am pretty sure that it was Bogart that she did this with.
I know that there are more memories that I have of her, but these are the ones that stick out the most in my memory.
Aunt Mary was married to my Uncle Jack (my Dad's brother). They retired and started traveling. I know that they made their way to Alaska- they drove it! They were campers, and had a 5th wheel.
Aunt Mary was a fighter. She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. She fought with everything that she had. I know this about her, and I know that she fought to the end!
Aunt Mary, I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment