Thursday, November 18, 2010

God and....

Tomatoes!!!!

Today, I finally got to the market to get my tomatoes to freeze, $8.00 for an office paper box full of tomatoes!

I am sure that you are wondering what God has to do with tomatoes, other than creating them when he created the Earth. Well, the tomatoes in this box are ones that are not really very pretty, honestly. But, to buy them to cook with is wonderful!

While I was preparing my bought bounty for the freezer, God was talking to me. I don't talk too much about God in my blogs, but today he was urging me too. He was telling me how imperfect, but perfect I am, like the tomatoes I was cleaning up for the freezer.  Now, some of these tomatoes were bruised just a little and some a lot; others were blotchy with the start of rot and mold. The neat thing was that once you cut off the yuck, the insides were almost perfect.

Imperfect Outside
Here is the message I got from this. On the outside we may be imperfect in some way (only really by our own standards), or bruised. But, on the inside we are ALL perfect because he made us! What a wonderful God that we have that created us and tomatoes!

Perfect Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment