Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Half Way Through

I usually don't pay too much attention to the days of the week as a stay at home mom, but to day I am rejoicing that we are halfway done. The weeks have gotten really busy since the beginning of the month. I made some changes and have gotten involved with a lot of stuff!

Last week I attended my first real PTO meeting. I am glad that I did. The principal from Jefferson was there to talk about the school- Virginia will be going there next year. I think that she will do good there. I also helped with my first PTO fundraiser distribution, and I got to meet some of the parents and kids.

This week has been busy too, Monday night is my Growth Group night, 1 1/2 hours of no kids just a group of other moms and me. We are studying Proverbs 31, How to be a Woman of Noble Character. We talked about one of my favorite topics this week....FOOD!

"She is like the merchant ship, bringing food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard." Proverbs 31:14-16. We only really discussed verse 14 but I think that they all go together! Some of this makes me laugh and giggle to myself. I suppose that I do bring food from "afar" as i drive to the store to get what I need. One of my goals for next summer is to have a garden so that I won't have to go "afar" to get food. I surely do not get up while it is still dark, unless I have too, which now that the sun is rising later I am up before the sun. I do provide for my family, I use my earnings from babysitting to get the food we need, although I do not have any servant girls (or are they Virginia and Rebekah?) that I have to feed. But, wouldn't that be nice!?

Last night was our first Girl Scout Meeting! It was great, lots of people in my house! I love to have people in my house! I just wish that I could keep it picked up and cleaned up enough to just do it all the time. With all the little people I have here all the time it is really hard! I am hoping that once we get the basement in order it won't be so hard.

So, I am thankful for today as there is nothing going on tonight other than an Football game that I will miss. I think it will be the last game of the season for the Dickinson Bears (although I  hope that it is not) as they lost to the team they are playing tonight last week.

I will continue to learn how to be a Woman of Noble Character while relaxing after a busy start to the week. I will be deciding what to make for lunch and dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment