Wednesday, October 13, 2010

RAIN



"Uh oh, its raining."- Ellyn, 3

It has been a long, long time since we have seen rain. So, it is a welcomed thing at least here. I love thunderstorms, more so at night but I will take it any way I can get it! My back yard is a dust bowl, now it will be a mud pit!

When we lived in a house with a sliding glass door, Virginia, Rebekah and I would sit with all the lights off and watch as storms came in. These were my favorite times with them. Now we live in a house with no big sliding door, so we have to watch through the windows, only thing is these windows are on the East side of the house, so we miss the clouds coming in. I love watching the storms at night because the kids can see that there is nothing that can really hurt them, and the light show is always beautiful!

My other favorite part of rain is the fresh smell it leaves behind, like everything has just been washed.

So, thank you Mother Nature and God for this rain that we very much needed!

There is only one thing about the Fall rains that I dislike, they tend to knock all the pretty leaves off the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment