Friday, January 21, 2011

Changes

I wonder why people change, when really they shouldn't.

I was having this conversation with someone and we were talking about how some people change, and not necessarily for the better. They let friends that were once close fall to the wayside (we have had this happen as I am sure you all have). I suppose that I am also guilty of this too.

Here are some changes that we have found that cause this to happen:
  • getting married
  • having babies or not having babies
  • moving to a new house or moving to a new location
  • short on time to spend with others
  • new friends come into the mix
  • change in hobbies
  • change in jobs/careers
I am sure that there are many more, and if I sat to think about it I could list many more.

I am one person that thrives on friends and family, I like to know what is going on, how someone is feeling, spending time with them, and doing fun things in groups.

I know that my current choice in career (stay at home mom/childcare provider) may have changed me a bit or maybe a lot, but I would hope that it would not change the friendships that I cherish- and unfortunately I know that this has happened.

That said, I am always home. I get lonely. I would love for someone just to say "I am coming over whether you like it or not. I don't care that there are kids running around, I will trip over toys, and the house is strew with toys. I want to spend time with you just catching up."  I love what I do, but there is not much adult conversation around here from the hours of 8 am to 5 pm.

I want all my friends to know that I TRULY CHERISH their friendship, and I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I have disconneted with some that I felt were my best friends for life. I miss them. As for the lack of adult conversation during the day, I understand that too. I (you remember) was a stay at home mom for 10 years. Its hard sometimes to speak to adults when all you know is Sesame St. and Mr. Rogers.

    ReplyDelete