Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Outlook

Happy 2011! We have seen another year go by very fast. Where did 2010 go? Oh well, time must go on and so must we.

I have been reading my friends blogs this evening to catch up. I ended 2010 with a little vacation. No, we did not go anywhere. I did get to spend time with my favorite guy, alone! My in-laws took the girls for a couple of nights. I like it when I get to spend time with my guy. This time we spent our time working on cleaning out the basement, isn't that the way you would like to spend your time together? We did accomplish a lot though. I have an area that I have been trying to turn into my own since we moved into this house 5 years ago, and it is finally taking shape.

The last couple of months I have been trying to find ways to become a little more savvy. So far I have made my own dishwasher detergent (which I love), started meal planning a bit better, and this weekend I made my own laundry detergent. I am hoping that this summer I will be able to have more of a garden- I am new to the growing things on my own- my tomatoes, cucumbers and peas did not live up to my expectations last summer, but I will try it again this year.

This year I also want to make all the gifts I give away to others. I am not starting off the year very well at this, as I just bought a baby shower gift for a friend. But, that is okay, hopefully when the baby arrives I will have a blanket for her already made. I have also decided to find ways to give pack to the community around me. I was inspired by a Hat challenge that a friend gave us before Christmas, so I am going to try to continue that challenge and make it bigger! My goal is to have 100 hats made before next winter....this may seem a bit big, but I just think I can do it! I of course have a couple of other projects that I need to complete before I can get started on that.

So, here is to 2011 and all that it has to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment