Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions, nah, GOALS!

I am not very good at the whole resolution thing. I have been there and done that. This year I am setting goals. I know they are about the same, but I tend to like the word "goals" better. So, here they are in no specific order.....

1. Work out on a regular basis.
2. Be better at budgeting, and sticking with it.
3. Eat out less.
4. Plan the weeks menu, and make sure that it is healthier. This means adding more veggies!
5. Make more one on one time for Virginia and Rebekah. Virginia and I have a book that we are going to work on together about her. I need to find something to do with Rebekah still. No, Ellyn does not lose out on this time, I already get one on one time with her during the week.
6. Spend less time on the computer doing time wasting things. No, I do not see my blog as a waste of time...I am talking about Facebook.
7. Spend more time with God. This is one of the things that I have to admit I lack. I love my God, and need more time with him.
8. Make more gifts instead of  spending money, homemade things mean more!


Those are my goals, I hope to have success with them.  

Would anyone like to help me stay accountable or join me on my little list? I would welcome it!

2 comments:

  1. I like your goals! I read somewhere (someone else's blog? I have a bad memory.) about making the goals more specific. Instead of "eat out less", it was "Eat out no more than once a week." Or, "eat more vegetables" was "feed the kids at least 3 servings a day of vegetables." I thought that was a good way to make goals more achievable. I'm still working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to eat out way too much. We did really good for a while and then fell back into the bad habit. We do not have eating out on the schedule this week, so that is one goal in motion.
    As for the Veggies, I am making sure that we have some sort of veggie at dinner. I am awful at this one, I like potatoes, so that is usually the veggie, so adding more GREEN, ORANGE and so on to the plate! We will get there, just slowly.

    ReplyDelete