Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scary

Life sometimes decides to scare the poo out of us. Well, this weekend is no exception.

On Sunday morning Tate started to experience some pain in his upper left arm. He looked fine, no sweating, good color, none of the things that I thought I should see if he were having a Heart Attack. Yes, I said heart attack. I passed it off as "maybe you just pinched a nerve" I have this happen often when I sleep funny. So, when it came down to lunch time he was still having pain, we called our friend Julie that is on one of the local fire departments. She said that he should probably go to the ER. Of course, we waited just a bit longer. I ran to the grocery store since it was on the way home from where we were having lunch, and I really just wanted to make sure that we had food for the week in case anything were to happen. I got home and no sooner had all the groceries in the house, Julie was calling to see if the pain had gone away. She told Tate that she had talked to one of the Medics and he said that Tate should really go and have it checked out....well that is what he did.

I sat here with the kids waiting for his call as to what was going on. I got lucky that not soon after he left my friend, Jessica, stopped by, so I was not alone. I debated on calling my mom or his mom. I didn't want to call his mom, I needed to leave that to him. I did end up calling my mom, she came over and sat with the kids while I took Tate some overnight items. All his blood tests to that point had all come back normal. Since his family has a history of heart problems, they wanted to keep him over night for observation, a good idea. He had a stress test yesterday, and all his blood work continued to be normal. What did show was that his Potassium was extremely low. NO HEART ATTACK!!!! AMEN!!!

He is doing fine and back to work today, although he wishes he had stayed home and gotten more sleep since he didn't sleep well at the Hospital.

We will be making some changes to our diet at a slow pace since there are children involved. I don't think that the food will change too much, but the portion control will.....I threw together an awesome Veggie Beef soup last night, and there is a chicken in the crock pot as I type this....so we are on our way to more veggies!

Disclaimer: No one involved in this story actually pooed in their pants.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that he is ok....you guys must have been terrified. I think I may have pooed in my pants....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Glad you had it checked out though.
    Hearts are scary things, especially when early action helps the most.
    You know you can call me for babysitting, prayers, hugs....I have no life, so anytime of day or night!

    ReplyDelete